Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 2/18/2018 1:40 AM, ultred ragnusen wrote:
wrote:

The clicker is easier to use, the bar style may actually be more
accurate if the clicker was not calibrated recently.

I don't know how to "calibrate" a torque wrench at home.
Do you?

Lacking an actual torque wrench, be sure to use equal pressure on all
the nuts. I use a two step process. First, tighten them to just snug
using a cross pattern. Then go back and tighten each one as evenly as
you can feel to tight, but don't kill them. Hard to decribe but you
don't want to stand on the wrench to get them very tight.