Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On 17/02/18 22:32, dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:58:50 -0000, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â*Â* James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
The best way would probably be to deliberately make the vehicle
inoperative, stick on the hazard lights, then you can claim you
broke
down.Â* Pull out an HT lead, then you can try to start it without
success.

You have a car with an HT lead? How very quaint.

How else do you think the spark plug operates?Â* (Diesels excepted)

You've not looked at an engine made in the last 20 years or so?

yep. coil pack, HT leads...

Most recent engines have the coil pack mounted directly to the plug
and don't have any HT leads.

But not ALL Denise.

Sometimes the plugs are buried in deep and there isnt room

Where did I say all? You do understand the English word "most"?
IME you are more likely to have a coil pack fitted to a deep plug as it
is easier to fit than an HT lead.
The main reason is of course costs as its easier to assemble than one
with leads and cheaper to make.

The coil packs on the two cars I have ATM is one unit that does all four
plugs as one component with just the 12V cables to it.
I have just had to have one replaced under warranty as it was corroded.