Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
And this line manager is going to set the salary of each and every
person on a regular basis? Secretly, I assume? Or are you going to
make these figures available to the workforce?

Is you wage a secret or do you tell everyone what it is?

When I worked for a large company it was absolutely not a secret. Based on
a grade and pay scale, same as everyone else.

You only have to look at the trouble the BBC is in by trying to keep pay a
secret. Although that only really applied to very small numbers of those
it employed in one way or another.

The BBC is unusual in having to publish salaries. Most companies have
contractual clauses that prevent any discussion of salaries with other
employees in fear of dismissal.

The BBC will simply contract out 'expensive' employees into running
their own production company. It will also contract out any areas of
employment that employ low paid female staff such as cleaning (if it
doesn't already).

The most recent study of the BBC, male/female wage ratios came out well
for the coporation.