Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On 17/02/2018 16:46, pamela wrote:
On 15:07 17 Feb 2018, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , RJH
wrote:

On 16/02/2018 09:38, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , RJH
wrote:

A few words: Private Finance Initiative;

Well we know who to blame for those.

cartels; land banking; tax evasion and avoidance;

What's wrong with tax avoidance? Anyone who files a tax return
and claims their personal allowance is avoiding tax.

I think examples of corporate tax avoidance are, in context,
offensive - Apple, Amazon, Google etc. Bit different to claiming a
personal allowance. I take it you don't see the difference?

Both are perfectly legal. And in fact companies are obliged by law
to take steps to maximise shareholder return.

But it's no good bleating about it - change the law instead.

Luckily for us we have the EU which has been taking strict measures
in how it interprets the law.

The UK authorities have been inexplicably generous towards these
large corportions by offering sweetheart deals.

Given that some of the companies mentioned here reside in Republic of
Ireland, I shouldn't be surprised you ignore the lax rules the EU
imposes on companies.

One thing about the UK is that much tax is indirect, such as business rates.

This leaves other European countries mystified because they exact
far greater penalties.

No more mystified than Brexiters allowing the ROI to have very low rates
of corporation tax, distorting markets.