Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
pamela wrote:
If they really want that job, start off with another in TFL. No
problem there. Then apply for a driver's job. Pretty well all
decent jobs (if you really think this is one) have some sort of
path to them. You don't simply get one direct from outside with no
qualifications or experience.

That's a public-sector closed-shop attitude which results in time
servers getting jobs whose remuneration are vastly out of line with
what the private sector is offering.

What - offering jobs internally first? You think that only happens in the
public sector?

Lots to be said for it. Someone from outside who may not have the exact
paper qualifications for a job likely wouldn't even get an interview. An
internal applicant, known to management who had shown a great interest in
that job might get the benefit of the doubt, and turn out to be superb at
it. Unlike your member of the public who applies just because the pay is
good.

Maybe that's how we got into
this mess in the first place.

I can see your method causing a great deal of resentment in a big company.
'Fred gets more money than me because he is in the same lodge as the
supervisor.'

Interesting you talk about the mess we're in. Given the draconian Thatcher
legislation on unions near 30 years ago. You're going to have to look for
something else to blame now.

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.