Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

In article ,
Mark wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:25:34 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:47:36 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
I agree totally, I would add though that there is another common
approach by employers in the UK, that is a reluctance to train workers
because they will then go to join a competitor, thus wasting the
investment.

If they go to a competitor, the firm needs to look at its pay and
conditions of service, etc.

That's what you would assume, but a large number of employers just go
down the dont train route.

A very short-sighted approach IMHO. We can't rely on a system where
no training is done otherwise companies won't be able to recruit
qualified workers.

But short termism is the UK way. Never spend a penny on training etc if
you think you can just poach a trained person from elsewhere.

Rather negative thinking. Ignore any benefits of training just in case you
might lose out on the odd one or two.

--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.