Default Old Brick Wall to Paint White

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:21:55 -0800, "Steve" posted:

wrote in message news:0Bmzb.53

Don't. Paint. Brick.

It's irreversible.

I agree, don't paint your brick work.. Once painted you will always have to
paint it..

I agree, but acrylics (and other things) will last for 10- 15 years, I
believe. That will likely see me out.

Low maintenance and appearance has always been the biggest advantage of
brick..

Well yes, but when the Westerly Sun beats down on a dark red brick
wall when the temperature is 105 outside.....

Most methods of removing paint from brick damage the glaze surface or the
mortor.

Agree, but I do this on the understanding that it will be
irreversible.

What I was trying to find out was the pros and cons of different
paints. Acrylic, PVA, matt, gloss and so on. I've found cheap fence
paint lasts forever on large polythene planter pots. Perhaps that
might be the way to go.

Moosh