Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Locked out -- my own fault

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 13:59:20 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Gerry wrote:

So far I've been able to get a plain key cut that will open the door
but the car (Toyota) will not continue to run after a couple seconds.
I cut most of the head off the key and carry it in my coin pouch.

That's brilliant! We've got a couple old keys that have the right
mechanical key part, but aren't programmed to the immobilizer. But, next
time we lose a few more keys, we will have to get the immobilizer
reprogrammed, so probably don't want to cut up the keys. (They cost a
fortune, too!)

You might try a local key shop to see if they can match the profile.

-- Sir Winston Churchill