Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob[_87_] Bob[_87_] is offline

Default US 220V 20A TO CHINA 220V 10A MAHJONG MACHINE

On 02/15/2018 09:29 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 23:20:58 -0000, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Ralph Mowery wrote:
A sneaker way to run the 240 volt devices (you did not hear it from me)
is to find two recepticals on the different legs .* YOu then run a wire
from each of the hot wires to the 240 volt device.* It helps for safety
if you also run a ground wire.* You do not need the neutrals if only a
240 volt device is hooked up.
If you do for some reason need a 120 volt device also, you can run the
neutral wires.* As they are connected together at the breaker box, you
can use either one or both of them.* Just be warned that if a single
breaker trips , the other side will still be 120 volts to ground and
neutral.

Ralph you just reminded me that about 63 years ago when I was a student
living in a dorm room at MIT. I acquired a 240 volt window air
conditioner and wanted to use it to cool our room. It turned out the
wall outlets in the room next to ours were on the other side of the 240
volt line so we ran a single wire out our window and into the window in
the next room. Presto, problem solved.

The next year I moved out of the dorm and rented an apartment across the
Charles river in Boston. Shortly after I hauled my stuff over there
guess what? I found out that building was one of many there still on DC
power and none of my beloved stereo equipment would work. I managed to
talk my way out of the lease because of that and found another place
that had already moved to AC power.

Lots of other funny things happened back then, like I went to try phone
sex but found out the holes in the dial were too small. G

Direct current?* Oh my god how old are you?!

Nine squared plus one as of February 10th.

Jeff

I suspect you'll prolly have to give jws another hint.