Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
charles charles is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
Tim Ward wrote:

The nearest commercial place would have taken me half an hour to find,
£10 to park in, then a 3 mile walk each way while carrying something
heavy. The town of Edinburgh is royally ****ed up. No wonder their
tourism is falling.

I wouldn't dream of driving in Edinburgh, but as a tourist there's no
need to. There are several public transport routes to get you in from
the airport,

and there's a Park & Ride out there, too.

and then everything is in walking distance, or if you're
not able or inclined to walk there are buses and taxis (I reserve
judgement on the trams not having used one). Oh, and it's even possible
to arrive in Edinburgh by train rather than air, and then you're in the
centre to begin with.

And if you're delivering something heavy then it's maybe the "loading
and unloading" rules you need to worry about, not the "parking" ones.
Try a double yellow line next time (provided it doesn't also have any

and leave the tailgate open to make it obvious what you are doing.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England