Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Locked out -- my own fault

Leon Fisk on Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:23:45 -0400
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:30:18 -0800
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Gerry on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 21:33:41 -0500
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 16:11:30 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
So far I've been able to get a plain key cut that will open the door
but the car (Toyota) will not continue to run after a couple seconds.
I cut most of the head off the key and carry it in my coin pouch.

Hmmm - wonder if I that will work. '99 Ford mini-van.

You may not need a special key for the door. If not carry a door key
copy in your wallet and keep a spare ignition key hidden inside. I did
that with my old service van. Not because the ignition key was special
but rather it was one less key on my already fat key ring...

I'm mostly worried about locking the keys in the van. "And it
looks like rain and the windows are open."
--
pyotr filipivich