Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Locked out -- my own fault

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 16:11:30 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Tue, 13 Feb 2018
15:32:16 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

It is good to keep more than one set of keys for everything in the
future. On different key rings. I know one guy who had 2 sets--both
on the same =lost= keyring.

I used to keep a spare car key in my wallet.

No longer - these new "security keys" with the electronics
embedded are too fat to fit in a wallet.

Yeah, I used to do the same, JIC, and the fat keys are a pain.

No, I'm not paranoid about locking my keys in the car. nope, not
at all.

I used to have a house key hidden beneath my front turn signal lens on
the F150. But I'd never keep one in my wallet. If I lost it, the bad
guy would have access. The one time I did lose my wallet, I had just
put $100 worth of pay into it the day before, bought breakfast the
next morning, and evidently lost it on the way to the car. The only
things taken from it when it turned up in the mail were my draft card
and the money. ('twas a long time ago) The credit card was still
there.

-- Sir Winston Churchill