Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default US 220V 20A TO CHINA 220V 10A MAHJONG MACHINE

In article ,
says...

I bought two mahjong machines in China to use in the US but I forgot they use 220 over there. So I want to install a US 220V 20A female receptor by using two legs of 110V 15A circuits and mounting a box next to one of my 110v outlets. That done I want to convert that over to 220V, neutral, & ground to run my machines.

The cord into the machine has "L" "N" and "gnd". I want to combine the two 110 legs to one 220 leg.

I know that there are converter that will convert 110V to 220V but I am afraid the 15A circuits can not handle the machines. Anyone out there really know what I can do or buy to make this happen?

This is one of the things that if you have to ask, get an electrician
todo it for you.

In ther breaker box you will have to run 4 wires to a receptical that is
made for 220 (240) volts. There will be 2 wires, usually red and black
that will have the 220 volts across them. There will be a white wire
(neutral in the US) that from it will be 120 volts to the red and black
wires. Then a green safety ground.

If the machine you have is truely a 220 volt machine, you will use what
is labled L and N for the 220 volts. It will not matter which wire from
the machine ( L or N )is hooked to which Red and Black wire. The white
wire on the receptical will not be use. The GND will go to the green
ground wire of the receptical.