Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Vinyl windows in brick veneer

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:16:39 -0800 (PST), Davej wrote:

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 4:08:02 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:

I'm getting confused. The windows have weep holes to drain. Why does
the brick veneer have to have one. The window drips onto the sill and
away or evaporates in little time.

I'm saying that the bottom of the brick wall has no weep holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7y99hHKmPk

Don't be mislead by YT videos. Brick walls don't need "weep holes."
I've had 2 brick homes and never had a "weep hole" in the brick.
I tuck pointed both of them and would have filled any "weep hole" with mortar if I had
seen one.