Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will Deoxit on a circuit board cause problems?

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 16:53:26 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 17:23:02 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:

you've failed to answer the question. You told me to I learn
something I already know. How?

Think of it as a refresh cycle, as in dynamic RAM. If you don't use a
word, we tend to forget it. It should help you recall the correct
term, ummm... whatever it was, for an eye, ear, nose, and throat
doctor.

you seem determined to miss the point and engage in a silly ****ing contest.. No matter.

No-one ever said it would be useful, just that it would
reduce noise. And it does a bit.

I believer you may have misread the data sheet:
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2847/.f
"Shields Against Noise and RFI"

no, I didn't misread it

By implication and due to general lack of specifics and details,
methinks they are referring to RF noise, not audible acoustic noise.

Of course that is not implied, it is inferred by you.
I would think it evident that the only possible credible claim re noise reduction is that it may reduce noise caused by oxidised contacts. That it might reduce other forms of noise in real world electronic circuits seems wholly unrealistic.
I would therefore think it somewhat obvious that I was being facetious when discussing it's sonic noise reduction properties, which technically it does have, even if they bear no connection to its real world intended use. My apology for thinking all that obvious.

NT