Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
says...

In those decades, the trade unions would do anything to gain
advantage for their members at any cost whatosever to the rest of
the country.

Countless strikes in monopoly public sector services designed to
cause the public maximum discomfort attest to that.

Yes - I don't think it was coincidence that the ASLEF,
miners' and power workers' disputes always targetted their
ultimate customers - the general public - during the coldest
months of the year.

Winters in the 70s tended to be much colder than we've been
used to in recent years and, after spending hours freezing my
whotsits off on a windswept station platform in the hope that
a train might appear - eventually - glad that when I finally
got to work that our building was heated by oil fired central
heating.

Afyer I similar experience getting home - often arriving in
the middle of a 3 hopur power cut, I was also glad that we
used gas for both heating and cooking.

--

Terry

---