Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

pamela wrote:

On 18:19 12 Feb 2018, Andrew wrote:

On 11/02/2018 20:34, Roger Hayter wrote:
Clue: I was a member of a trade union all my working life,

Thanks for confirming what I had been suspecting for some time.

I remember the 1970's when people were bullied into joining trades
unions.

I remember the day in 1983? on the day the hyde park bomb went
off. It was the day of an NHS national strike day.

When news of the bomb filtered through, most NHS front line staff
in London immediately went back to work,... but not at the London
Hospital. Here the Militant Tendancy faction who pulled all the
strings at the local unions, actually tried to physically stop
people re-entering the hospital.

In those decades, the trade unions would do anything to gain
advantage for their members at any cost whatosever to the rest of
the country.

Countless strikes in monopoly public sector services designed to
cause the public maximum discomfort attest to that.

Those legions of overpaid unsackable unionised workers plunged the
country into a mess but their game was up when Thatcher arrived and
Blair later built on her work.

This is arrant nonsense. It is a lot harder to sack people in the
public sector now than it was in seventies. Especially women. (FAOD I
think this is a good thing.) Wages have fallen and numbers have
reduced following privatisation (hence MRSA etc in our hospitals).

In the seventies the unions were mainly fighting a rearguard action
against reduction in services and inflation-induced wage cuts. You seem
to have absorbed a thoroughly dishonest account of the times. Do you
read the Mail by any chance?

--

Roger Hayter