Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will Deoxit on a circuit board cause problems?

There are approximately 228,000 words in the English Language excluding compounds, jargon, plurals, etc..

Add in all of the above, and that number jumps to just under 1,000,000.

Of the first number, the average American native English speaker has a working vocabulary of about 5,000 words speaking, and about twice that written.

https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/...est/vocabulary

Test yourself (the link is one of many) and let us know.

Writing for myself, I grew up with over 5,000 books and no television in the house. I typically max out on these test with a working vocabulary of over 80,000 words undifferentiated between spoken and written. This is not even a little bit a matter of intelligence, simply a matter of early, continued and repeated exposure. I still read, on average, three books per week, in a mix of about 40% mystery (Martha Grimes, Louise Penny), 20% Thriller (Lee Child, Steven King, Dean Koontz) and the rest historical (David McCullough and such).

Words are fascinating. At the same time, both tools and weapons.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA