Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On 12/02/2018 11:41, pamela wrote:
As you bring up the NHS, I find they are not clock watchers except for
some in administrative departments.

I speak from experience.

I worked in the path labs of two district general hospitals
where there were 50% more people than actually needed to do
the work. The most senior path lab staff were just glorified
admin clerks, ordering stuff and looking after leave and sick
leave requests. I remember several 'clock and pension watchers'.

Some days it was a struggle to find something to do after lunch
because most of the work arrived from the wards and OP clinics
during the morning.

By contrast, the LOndon teaching hospital that I moved to in the
mid 70's was busy all day. I never once felt bored during my time
there. Every day, something interesting, pathology-wise turned up.