Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In message , at 13:04:33 on Mon,
12 Feb 2018, pamela remarked:

David Davies may have the worst job in Britain.

He's been asked to arrange for the UK to go off to some hare-brained
objective but the UK is in too weak a negotiating position to get
the dreams of Brexiteers

The tragedy was it was always obvious to anyone with a knowledge of the
EU's structure we'd have a weak negotiating position.

Like leaving a golf club (in the extreme without paying the final bar
bill) and expecting to be allowed back to play golf, accompanied by free
drinks at the 19th hole, whenever it suited us.

Or some perhaps thought "with the green fees we save, we'll be able to
build our own golf course".

who, undismayed, keep making ever more demands as the impracticability
of what they initially wanted reveals itself.

I'm not sure the demands are "ever greater", just that they become more
nuanced such as "when we said we wanted free drinks, obviously that
meant free crisps to go with them, too".
--
Roland Perry