Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On 11/02/2018 20:34, Roger Hayter wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 10/02/2018 23:57, Roger Hayter wrote:

And so they should expect because that is what the government, through
its executive organisations, contracted with them to do.

ROFL. The age-old 'contract' excuse.

When these people started work their lifespan was assumed to
be as much as 15 years LESS than we now know that it will be.
when these people started work (in the 70's) the concept of
'retiring abroad' was not considered (apart from the Windrush
folk going home). Now we have an army of baby-boomers
retiring to other EU countries (and even Reuinion) with
pensions that were originally factored into the whole GDP
equation.

That is simply untrue. The pension terms (both contributions and
benefits) have been altered many times over the years, in light of such
factors as rising life spans, and the discovery that women were
independent human beings who warranted equal pension rights.

Like having to retire at 65 rather than 60?

--
Max Demian