Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Removing battery corrosion

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 04:51:20 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

a very strong concentration of baking soda mixed into distilled water.

This makes sense, but I have to ask why regular tap water wont work V/S
distilled water? I know that adding water to a car battery should be
distilled, (so it dont have any minerals), but in this case, it would
seem that any clean water would work.

But maybe I am missing something. Yet, I do try to eliminate unnecessary
expenses, and distilled water adds to the cost, not to mention an extra
trip to a store, since it's not something I keep on hand.