Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Handsome Jack wrote:
What we are unhappy with is that public sector employees typically get
far better pension arrangements than others, for no good reason than
that the people who run public sector organisations can force the
taxpayer to fund them.

Who is the 'we' you talk about? Who do you represent?

In general, like for like,public service employees have poorer pay than
the private sector. In part made up by a pension.

The "we" is the cowardly jackals in the private sector, too keen to vote
for Thatcher, and too individualistic to support trade unions, who were
therefore easily cheated out of the final salary pensions schemes most
large private companies had. The proceeds of these were given as a
bonus to private equity investors and such. Too cowardly and
individualistic to protect their own pensions they now, as jackals do,
turn on the public sector and say it is *not fair* that we should keep
what they have given away. They are too keen to help their bosses, the
private equity investors and their lackeys, to steal our pensions too.
They are more keen to drag others down to their level to make themselves
feel better than to stand up like brave citizens for their own rights as
workers. Clue: I was a member of a trade union all my working life,
but most of them believed Thatcher that they were better off bargaining
as individuals than cooperating. They want to steal our pensions for
their rich bosses! Pathetic!

--

Roger Hayter