Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:37:21 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

There is still no 1:1 connection between watts and water, the basic
standard in SI metric. I agree Joule is just another word for watt but
that is just because the French have their own word for everything the
English do.

No, Joule is energy, Watt is power. Watt x seconds = Joules.

Which doesn't change what I said. Perhaps it would be more correct to
say there is no easy conversion from calorie, a water based standard
like most of the metric system, to joule.