Emile Menier

Default Kitchen floors suggestions ?(cork, vinal, wood, laminate wood)

"c_kubie" wrote in message
om...
Currently I have ceramic tile and my feet hurt; I am certain I'm
developing heal spurs because of walking without shoes on this solid
tile that is afixed to cement below (house is right on the slab-no
subflooring;thank you cambridge homes- frickin morons)

To add some bounce to the floor but keep it resitant from spills and
stains, what options do i have?

Wood:
Wood is susceptable to water. Maybe less if I finish it with one
thick layer of polyurathane, but reasonable to walk on

great for kitchens.
3 coats would be minimum for durability though.

Laminate wood (pergo)
Laminate is even more so acceptable by design. The water will go right
in between each board. Can be very comfortable in floating floor
design

don't care for the crap!
wouldn't even put it in my dog house.

Cork
Cork is supposed to be really comfortable to walk on, good insulator,
but what happens if I spill a glass of water (will I end up with a
speed bump because it absorbs the water?

this is an exceptional choice for a kitchen floor and very durable.

Vinal:
Durable, but not much of a cushion. I would almost have to create a
some kind of subfloor to make it more comfortable to walk on.

C_kubie

some vinyl is very durable
and makes a nice floor if your kitchen is not too wide (so there are no
seams)
seams ruin a vinyl floor.

Final Comment:
in your current situation I would prefer cork (they also can be glued to the
concrete).