Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheChief TheChief is offline

Default Heating Down Diagnostic Help Appreciated

Hi all

Struggling to get to the bottom of this one!

The boiler is Worcester Bosch 24ri system, not combi.
The controls are Honeywell 2 heating zones and cylinder zone.

The boiler is not showing error lights i.e. the blue indicator
light is constant, not flashing.
The Honeywell stats are wireless but seem ok.

When I up the stat temperature for either upstairs or downstairs
heating, the base unit indicator light led illuminates and the
appropriate motorised valve opens. I have had the covers off
both and can either see or hear the click of the microswitch. I
would be surprised if both had failed along with the hot water
zone at the same time.
Anyone know why my boiler isn't firing?

Background...... Air seems to be affecting the upstairs rads, but
they are reluctant to bleed despite standing water in the header
tank. I turned the boiler off before all this as I was adjusting
the auto bypass valve which sticks occasionally and causes
pressure surges.

Any comments or assistance appreciated.

Phil
--