Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quick question - recycling glass from cooker hood

On 09/02/18 18:41, Rob Morley wrote:
On 9 Feb 2018 13:18:37 GMT
David wrote:

I am assuming that the glass part of the cooker hood is tempered and
melts at a higher temperature than normal soda glass and so is not
suitable for recycling.

When I had to dispose of a windscreen (MOT failure) I just smashed it
into tiny little pieces and put it in a box in the landfill rubbish.
It wasn't that easy to break - I had to score it with a cutting disc
because just hitting it with a claw hammer wasn't working. Note that
toughened glass goes everywhere when it breaks - if possible wrap it in
a tarp or similar.

warp in tarp and drive over it

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller