Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 07/02/2018 15:08, rbowman wrote:
On 02/07/2018 12:48 AM, Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2018 07:39, Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2018 04:03, rbowman wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 21:48:43 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 12:15:36 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 02/06/2018 09:11 AM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

I often use base 16.

Cindy Hamilton

0723

0x1D3 (although I actually prefer $1D3), or even (at least some
times)
%000111010011.

?

I am a hex guy. We would say x'01D3' for that binary string.
Cindy's notation looks like octal to me.
Binary is always going to be binary tho.
BCD anyone? ;-)
That is 6 bit code plus a parity bit hence 7 track tape drives.

I get the feeling some people in this group are quite old.

We built the world you're living in. Your turn to screw it up.
*
*
I think you'll find that it was Britain's industrial revolution that
did that.

Industrial Revolution - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
www.history.com/topics/industrial-revolution

The Industrial Revolution, which took place from the 18th to 19th
centuries, was a period during which predominantly agrarian, rural
societies in Europe and America became industrial and urban. Prior to
the Industrial Revolution, which *began in Britain* in the late 1700s,
manufacturing was often done in people's homes, ...

That was then, this is now. If you haven't noticed manufacturing is now
done in southeast Asia.

We gave the US lots of our secrets, like advanced Radar to encourage you
to help us in WW2.

A trunk full of Britain's WWII secrets saved the world | New York Post
https://nypost.com/2015/.../the-trun...ved-the-world/
27 Sep 2015 - By early 1940, Britain was bracing for assault, and
Tizard's colleague Archibald Hill, a Nobel Prize-winning biophysicist,
encouraged him to simply give America his secrets.

Invention of the Radar - Obstetric ultrasound
www.ob-ultrasound.net/radar.html
The first practical radar system was produced in 1935 by the British
physicist Sir Robert Watson-Watt, and by 1939 England had established a
chain of radar stations along its south and east coasts to detect
aggressors in the air or on the sea.
--
Bod