Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 07/02/2018 15:07, rbowman wrote:
On 02/07/2018 12:39 AM, Bod wrote:
On 07/02/2018 04:03, rbowman wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 21:48:43 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 12:15:36 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 02/06/2018 09:11 AM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

I often use base 16.

Cindy Hamilton

0723

0x1D3 (although I actually prefer $1D3), or even (at least some
times)
%000111010011.

?

I am a hex guy. We would say x'01D3' for that binary string.
Cindy's notation looks like octal to me.
Binary is always going to be binary tho.
BCD anyone? ;-)
That is 6 bit code plus a parity bit hence 7 track tape drives.

I get the feeling some people in this group are quite old.

We built the world you're living in. Your turn to screw it up.

I think you'll find that it was Britain's industrial revolution that did
that.

Only in the Steampunk universe. All Britain built was dark satanic mills.

And lots of railways. Many in India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_t..._Great_Britain
The railway system in Great Britain is the oldest in the world.
Wagonways were built in Britain in the 1560s and soon spread across the
country. The first locomotive-hauled public railway opened in 1825.

Also, Britain was the world's first underground railway. Opened in 1863.
--
Bod