Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 02/06/2018 10:33 PM, wrote:
That is one misconception. It may get hot sooner here and stay hot
longer (A/C runs about 6-7 months a year) but it does not get as hot
as it does in many places up north, unless you are in Orlando. Much
like anywhere near the coast, the water regulates the temperature. It
is seldom even 95 here and when I was in Maryland 100 was not unusual.
It even gets hotter if you are in a city "heat island".

I was in Orlando at Dizzyworld once -- I froze my ass off. Likewise in
Apalachicola. It wasn't that cold in degrees but it certainly was
miserable. I do remember one toasty June morning in Fernandina Beach. My
tent was no match for the sand fleas for I crawled in the back seat of
my Plymouth and rolled the windows up. My big, black Plymouth. Life was
grand until the sun came up.