Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 2/6/2018 9:52 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Art Todesco:
http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/la...a-elwifitp.htm

That thing is starting to call out to me.

Do you just close the refrigerator door on the wire?

Or did the refrigerator need a hole drilled in it for the wire?

The wire is pretty thin, so I put a piece of clear packing tape on each
side, inside and outside, but not where the door gasket closes on it.
That holds the wire pretty flat and the gasket takes care of the rest.
I just got a notification from the filesthrutheair.com guys that they
are changing their human interface. The original one was ok, but could
have used some improvement. The new one has yet to be released.

I bought this thing after having problems with a Whirlpool fridge
(actually made by Samsung ... I didn't know that at the time) that shut
down while I was on vacation. There was no visual indication on the
unit as my friend that came in and checked the house, might have seen
it. Whirlpool, after much yelling an screaming by me, actually bought
back the fridge. So I went and bought a Samsung. Little did I know
that the Whirlpool was a Samsung inside. The Samsung shut down one day
just after dinner. We were putting things away and my wife said that
the lights inside the fridge were not on. Not only that, the temps were
rising. And, the display temps made no sense. The display on the
fridge was at 55 and the freezer was at something like -30. I did the
"cntl-alt-del" Microsoft thing and powered it down. After the "required
30 seconds" I powered it back up and all was fine. This makes no sense
to me. I worked in fault tolerant processors for over 25 years and our
processors had all kinds of safeguards to prevent such a thing. A
fridge should be designed that way, or should not have microprocessors
controlling the critical parts. It was probably designed by some new
engineer out of college. Ok, I'll go take a blood pressure pill and
chill out.