Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 23:47:44 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 21:52:04 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 20:26:07 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 03:57:32 -0000, rbowman wrote:

But it's stupidly designed. C is sensible: 0 is the freezing point of
water, 100 is boiling point, easy to understand. Why don't you also use
some weird base for maths, sorry math, instead of 10?

During my brief career as a math(s) teacher I tried to teach weird base
systems to 12 year olds. The A class (college bound) kids picked it up,
the D class (Dummies) couldn't make change for a dollar in the decimal
system let alone appreciate Sumeria sexagesimal calculations. But in
this country everyone is equal so they are taught the same things.

Don't they seperate dummies from bright kids over there like we do?

They are not allowed. The racial make up of the classes would bring
claims of racial discrimination. In fact one of the counties outside
got sued for it. They tried to separate out the students that needed
extra help and throw more money at them. The NAACP said they were
stigmatizing black kids.

You really needed Trump.

Schools are run by states and local school boards. Trump really is not
involved.