Posted to alt.home.repair
notX notX is offline

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On 02/06/2018 08:44 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per James Wilkinson Sword:
You're forgetting the IQ of Americans is considerably lower than any other country.

Dunno from other countries, but my feeling is that the average IQ of the
USA's population is somewhere South of room temperature.

OK, gross exaggeration... but 100 *is* the "Mean" (whatever that is....).

When I got a computer, one of the first programming examples in the book
was called "A friendly mean program".

To be more real, I think my impression is more from people's lack of critical
thinking skills - not that mine are all that wonderful... but at least I can
recognize my own deficits in that area.

As to the cause of that (people's lack of critical thinking skills), one
cause I heard of is Santa Claus. That is, the sort of unrealistic
anti-intellectual stuff people tell their kids. This total lack of
privacy (some being invading your thoughts) had an effect.