Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Opposed piston Diesel engines / was interesting engines

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 13:36:13 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:11:26 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

My neighbor found out that Medicare won't allow things to be
recycled.
They will fund new items only. 2-month old hospital beds, 6 month
old
3-wheeled electric scooters, etc. which are perfectly serviceable
are
just tossed. That sickens me. Penny wise, pound foolish, as the
saying goes.

The firms I worked for restored used medical equipment to a
condition
Medicare would accept, as long as the customers' paperwork was fully
in order. And that was a major issue for many of the elderly. I know
some fell through the cracks but not why. Just doing my job here,
Ma'am.

I think that has changed now, according to those two instances I
saw.
Refurbs were just fine with our folks, who grew up with the Crash. I
think most folks today, other than Millennials, would accept them,
too.

The government paid big bucks for me to replace the seat, arm rests
and wheel bearings on a wheelchair at a factory-authorized dealership.
I don't know where the guy who sold refurbs out of an old barn
for -much- less got his parts, maybe China?