Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default HF Dual-Bevel 12" Sliding CMS $133.

On 2/5/2018 9:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-Double-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw-With-Laser-Guide-System-61969.html

So this thing is $133 with the coupon.Â* Anybody have one?
I'm thinking about buying it just for kicks and to check out how it does.
The dual bevel is really useful for crown molding.
I'm guessing it's a steaming POS, but who knows?
Maybe it's a diamond in the rough.

-Mike-,

This appears to be the one I bought from them on sale two years ago.
Sale price now seems comparable and it looks the same (too damn cold to
go out to the garage and check the model number).

I trust nothing (don't care if it's Jet, Porter Cable, Delta, etc) to be
properly set up and adjusted out of the box. I unpacked this, read the
instructions and proceeded to check it for accuracy. Other than
adjusting the angle index pointer a smidgen, it was dead nuts on all the
way around.

I've done a number of projects (trimming out some window replacements,
etc) and I'm happy as a clam with the damn thing. All told, I guess I
have had the motor running, for effect, close to 40 minutes cutting this
that and the other thing and it runs like new, is still properly aligned.

YMMV but I'd say you can't beat it.

---