Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default OT item about why the British won't pick fruit and veg.

On 04/02/2018 23:11, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 22:11:12 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...bs-in-cornwall

I saw a program a while back where they ran teams of British and EU
workers side by side (crop picking, building etc) and the Europeans
won out in every case.

Maybe when the current good ones go, we don't want to do it ourselves
and they get the second level Europeans in, the Brexiteers will
realise the extent of the damage they have inflicted on all of us.

The only damage will be to the landowners wallets. Brexiteers will find
higher wages.

Or maybe they will stiffen up the benefits system and force lazy UK
lifetime scroungers onto the owners and managers of farms, factories
and the NHS?

Or a simple tax and benefit system that make short time working easier
rather than having to re-fill wads of claim forms. The last Housing
Benefit form I had to complete was 38 pages long. I'm literate, much of
the dole community is not.

Or maybe we can get equally good workers from outside the EU ... but I
wonder why we haven't been doing ... ?

Oh hang on, that wouldn't be acceptable to the Brexiteers ... they are
still 'foreigners'. ;-(

Correct, why should any cause to suppress the natural labour market be
allowed?