Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Plastic storage boxes

In article , says...

Brilliant Andy, thanks, there is indeed a PP with a 5 inside the
triangle, so cheers.

Something that might work well is the black double sided tape
that is used for fastening objects to windscreens. I don't
know where you buy it but I got a large reel about 2" wide for
arbout a fiver from a tool stall at a steam traction rally
several years ago and it is wonderful stuff!

Alternatively try one of the special glues mentioned or duct
tape - I got a reel of it designed for outside use in Lidl a
few weeks ago - its dark green instead of the usual grey or
black and sticks like the prervial sh!t to a blanket!

Whatever you use, you can reinforce it with staples - in fact,
they might work on their own, depending on what you are doing
and particularly if you want to preserve the translucent
nature of the plastic.

Take a heavy duty stapler and lay the plastic to be joined on
an old piece of carpet or a thick layer of cardboard -
anything which won't grip the staple(s) - and staple the two
layers together.

Then remove thehe joined plastic and use a pair of miniature
long nosed pliers to turn the ends of the staple(s) over so
that the ends are pressing firmly on the surface.

--

Terry

---
http://www.avg.com