Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic storage boxes

On Sunday, 4 February 2018 15:12:39 UTC, Pete Zahut wrote:
We bought four of these storage boxes at Asda
http://tinyurl.com/ya7a3cjq

We need to cut them up and glue various pieces together for a bit of a
project, so my question is, does anyone know what plastic these are
made from so that we can get the correct glue for the job?

Plastics like this are hard to glue. At a minimum, roughen up the surface and degrease before gluing. Better is to flash a flame over it too.

The effective way to join such plastic is to melt it together. You can use molten offcuts like glue as long as you melt the surfaces to be joined when applying it.

NT