Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Opposed piston Diesel engines / was interesting engines

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:11:26 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

My neighbor found out that Medicare won't allow things to be
recycled.
They will fund new items only. 2-month old hospital beds, 6 month
old
3-wheeled electric scooters, etc. which are perfectly serviceable
are
just tossed. That sickens me. Penny wise, pound foolish, as the
saying goes.

The firms I worked for restored used medical equipment to a condition
Medicare would accept, as long as the customers' paperwork was fully
in order. And that was a major issue for many of the elderly. I know
some fell through the cracks but not why. Just doing my job here,
Ma'am.

As I've seen in my own affairs the system has little or no flexibility
to accomodate unforeseen exceptions, yet it's easily milked by those
who understand it. The government strives for fairness, economy and
value are completely foreign to Uncle Sugar. At least the industry pay
scale was nice.
-jsw