Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Hot Nob

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:45:46 +0000, alan_m wrote:

I've been looking for a replacement gas hob and have been looking at
user reviews on some web sites. I've seen 2 reviews where the users
have said that placing a pan on the burner directs the flame towards the
control knobs which get hot! Form memory, these reviews were for hobs
nearer the top end of the price range.

Operator error? Not turning the gas down so that the flame is under
the pan (and thus heating it) rather than blazing up the sides with
the heat disappearing into the room.

Did a bit of property maintenance in Australia and was called to an
Indian tenants residence about a gas hob,Knobs had melted, They used
such giant pots that they covered knobs and the flames got at them.

At another Indians place I was called because flames were coming from
under the hob, The aluminium gas feed pipes to the ring had melted, same
cause, giant cooking pots.