Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Hot Nob

On 04/02/2018 09:16, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:45:46 +0000, alan_m wrote:

I've been looking for a replacement gas hob and have been looking at
user reviews on some web sites. I've seen 2 reviews where the users
have said that placing a pan on the burner directs the flame towards the
control knobs which get hot! Form memory, these reviews were for hobs
nearer the top end of the price range.

Operator error? Not turning the gas down so that the flame is under
the pan (and thus heating it) rather than blazing up the sides with
the heat disappearing into the room.

Or possibly using a large a pan carelessly so it overhangs the knob and
spreads the flame.

Don't ask me how I know but I still like my big oval saute pan

--
Robin