Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Prefabricated shower cubicles

Rob Morley wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:46:39 +0000
(Roger Hayter) wrote:

I want a prefabricated shower cubicle for use on a floor with bouncy
castle-like properties of horizontality,[1] rigidity and flatness.
Therefore, unlike many of them, it cannot rely on rigid connections to
the walls. Presumably some flexible sort of safety chain would be ok.
There isn't even a solid wall I could bracket it to, assuming that
were possible.

Could you build a steel cage tying into the floor and ceiling joists to
provide support, then just stick in a regular corner enclosure?

There aren't currently any ceiling joists, although I may rectify this
omission. They won't be very strong though, just carried on the
rafters near the purlin. And the floor is not strong. I am concerned
that a sufficiently rigid cage not to flex by the few millimetres that
would cause a leak would be inordinately heavy. Thanks for the idea
though. Perhaps a couple of brackets fixed to the floor and preventing
shower walls from moving relative to the floor might be feasible. It
might not look pretty.

--

Roger Hayter