Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Flashing LED

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 16:38:50 +0000, JoeJoe wrote:

Back of the house is facing a park, so want to make sure nobody walking
there is tempted...

I have a false alarm cover/box that matches the real one at the front of
the building. I would like to hang it on the wall at the back, but if
possible, add a flashing LED to it. Something that would be powered by,
say, a 9V battery, with a red LED flashing every 20-30 secs (adjustable
if possible), and the battery lasting a long time (a year? two?).

Any suggestion for a turnkey solution? Alternatively I am happy to
assemble something if given a diagram.

TIA.

Try Maplin
I'm sure they used to do LED's that just connected
across the supply and flashed.

20-30S may be a problem. Faster would be easily available.

You may have trouble sleeping at night though, having deceived all
those people in the park so readily.

Have you thought of becoming an MP?

AB