Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Video door entry which displays on TV - possible?

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
Yes. It is easy almost all of them even the cheapest nasty ones from
Aldi/Lidl produce a composite video out and a mono sound channel. The
only snag is that you have to change from TV to another input.

How many TVs have an analogue input these days? I had to search for one
which still had a SCART. Most are HDMI and USB only.

Humax do an internal security camera that is actually
Ycam I believe. Although meant for use with a smart
phone, they say it also works with the more recent
humax stb's.

Also, you get cloud access without payment (AFAIK).

You can stick the camera in the fron window or an upstairs
window to watch outside goings-on. I think the app that
runs on the stb, fetches the data saved on the cloud.

https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/humax-eye.html