Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Video door entry which displays on TV - possible?

On 02/02/18 17:30, David wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:03:51 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

Has anyone come across a video door entry system which uses an existing
television for the display? My M-I-L wants a door entry system which
allows her to see the visitor before unlocking the door but any 'extra'
display hardware really isn't practical.

yes and no. If you say use te TV as a sceeen to e,g., a linux computer
you can add a TV card to that and still have TV and then construct a
popup riggered by te doorbvell

Yes and yes if the proposed camera gives a standard definition TV
output.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%