Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Video door entry which displays on TV - possible?

On 02/02/2018 17:30, David wrote:

On a side note, where do you want to position the camera.

I have noted that cold caller such as chuggers and (I assume) ex-prisoners
ring the bell, knock, then stand well back from the porch.

I did assume that this was to leave loads of personal space and so not
appear threatening in any way.

However reading this thread, it would also move the caller out of the
range of a downward pointing camera.

The camera position has to be dictated by the lighting.
Never position a cam looking downwards. You can't see people's faces
properly. The cam needs to be at head height. (Maybe put a notice up:
"If you are a juvenile delinquent please stand on the box")

Bill