Tom Horne

Default wiring across joists

When I built new garage I had an issue with this since the wiring I put in
was suppose to be temporary(2 years). I wanted to staple the wires on the
bottom of the ceiling joist. AT first they said I had to drill the joist,
then I got them to let me run it over the top of the ceiling joist. Anyway
when I get through there will be 4" wireway around the perimeter of the shop
with all wiring done from there.

When you wire a shop, laboratory, or modern office that kind of approach
is the way to go. I have installed perimeter raceway in those
occupancies as well as in museums and historic homes. The raceway is
available in a cross sectional dimension that lends itself to being
installed in place of baseboards so that you can have any outlet at any
point along the wall line. If I should ever have a custom home built I
think I may install it in every room.
--
Tom H