Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to thesame code?

On 02/02/18 08:40, MM wrote:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:47:40 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 2018-01-30, MM wrote:
On 29 Jan 2018 14:29:04 GMT, Huge wrote:

Ethernet over mains sucks syphilitic donkey dick.

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does.

You're wrong. I get exactly the same performance whether My PC is
connected directly to the D-Link switch with a CAT6 cable or via a
TP-Link plug on the mains. Around 6.9 Mbps on ADSL.

MM

So it doesn't suck if you aren't really using it?

Well, I *am* using it and it's fine, as I previously mentioned.

How fast does it do a network backup to a NAS?

I don't have a NAS so I cannot answer your question.

Mine does 600Mb/s over WiFi.

That's very good news! (Remind me how WiFi through the mains works, as
I thought the "Wi" part is short for "wireless".)

MM

Well I have dennis killfiled but in the interst of accruate info

My TP link will sustain about 60Mpbs simplex over the mains.

That's a shade better than my wifi which is around 30Mbps simplex.

If I add a third TP link to the powerline network, performance
evaporates and the whole system locks up after a while. I conclude that
the collision detection is utter crap.

None of thes can touch te 100Mbps full duplex that a decent cat 5 canb
sustain and not only that, without isssues from other machiness on the
network exchanging traffic at the same trime.

Conclusin. Powerline is OK for one PC to connect to one router remotely
for onternet only.

It's a little better than most wifi.

Neither are a patch on CAT 5 wired. Especially to NAS.

Mark Twain