Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How to have several identical wireless doorbells respond to the same code?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 23:31:43 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

snip

Are we talking *all* PLA's or just bad / faulty ones?

Since they work by injecting HF signals into the public power network,

I thought they wouldn't typically pass *out* of your private power
network, especially though the RCD etc in the CU, certainly not with
any signal strength?

I know they don't work on filtered multiway sockets or even a basic
(non filtered) one if it's on a long lead?

should say all of them. Some notch amateur bands successully, but
amateur radio isn't the only thing on HF.

Ok.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...prosecute-owne
rs-bad-powerline-network-adapters.html

And how many people actually listen to shortwave these days. ;-)

So a minority not deserving of protection?

Well, as a 'radio amateur' I have been told it's 'use it or lose it'?

So, what about all the other causes of electrical interference
mentioned on the link?

"Control Equipment
Domestic Electric Cables
High Voltage Power Cables
Industrial Scientific Medical Equipment
IT Equipment
IT Power Supply Unit
Lighting
Power Line Adaptor
Power Supply Unit Battery Charger
Security Equipment
Transformer
TV Aerial Amplifier
TV Equipment"

OOI, I have assisted 3 people who were suffering with poor WiFi
signals around their houses (using WiSpy WiFi 2.4Ghz frequency
scanner).

One turned out to be rouge remote speakers on a HiFi system, another
one of those 'TV-Senders' and a 3rd a car alarm (the problem was only
there when the car was parked on the drive). ;-)

Cheers, T i m