Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Dripping toilet

On 31/01/2018 00:55, Roger Hayter wrote:
I share your interest in how common our
arrangement is, though!

Anecdote isn't evidence, but while I've heard of these devices I've
never seen one.There's definitely not been one in any of our 4 houses,
and for the last one not in the road either - they dug it all up to put
in a meter, and I saw what they did. I'm pretty sure there isn't one in
any of our children's places, nor my parent's more recent ones - which
makes over a dozen.

I suppose there _could_ be one hidden in an inaccessible place, away
from the company's stopcock but it seem unlikely. You'd want to be able
to fix it.

Andy